Sunday, March 6, 2011

The Fountainhead: Ellsworth M. Toohey: 7

A week after the dinner party, Dominique column condemns the Enright building as "insolent." Toohey comes by her office and taunts her: So you've decided to play a trick on Roark? All right. But you really should write about the Cosmo-Slotnick Building. That Keating is really a great architect and a  fine fellow. He and Roark go way back. Of course, Roark probably thinks Keating is mediocrity personified. It must grate on Roark to be beaten by Keating, over and over.... Dominique: Get out!!

That evening Sutton calls Dominique to discuss her column; they meet for lunch the next day. Sutton: I was about to pick Roark for my building when I read your column. Now I have my doubts, because you're real smart. Dominique: Pick Roark if you want to have a brilliant failure of a building. Or you could go with the man of the hour.

Sutton calls on Roark. Sutton: Sorry, I was about to pick you but am going with Keating, at Dominique's suggestion. Why are you laughing so strangely?

That evening Dominique calls on Roark at his room. Dominique: How does it feel to be pwned? I hate you. I gonna destroy you. But now we make-a the boom boom.

They make-a the boom boom.

Ooh—twisted!

No comments:

Post a Comment